Monday, September 17, 2012

Vintage Give Thanks Sign


Here's the Give Thanks sign I made for my front entryway this fall...


And here's exactly how I made it.
 
 I started with a piece of old wood wall panelling left over from my kitchen renovation. I cut it to the size I wanted and painted one coat of primer all over the wood. When it was dry, I lightly sanded it to make it look older.


I used regular printer paper and printed a mirror image of the words that I wanted on my sign. I just used the "mirror image" option on my printer settings. Here's what it looks like:

Next I decided on the placement of the words and put the paper ink-side down. I used painter's tape to hold it in place. Next I dipped a Q-tip in water and rubbed it along the letters.


When I pulled the paper off, it looked like this:

I thought that it was a little lighter than what I had wanted for this sign so I went over it with some grey paint. This gave it the look that I was going for. It was as easy as that!

2 comments:

  1. What font did you use? Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! The font is called Edwardian Script ITC. I did it in microsoft word.

    ReplyDelete